Wednesday, January 23, 2013

School and Your Destiny



Has school turned you into a zombie? Do you find yourself turning off, tuning out, or dropping out? If you're playing the game of school, are you doing it just to get that diploma, to get together with friends, or to please Mom and Dad? Do you feel that school has no real value for you, that it isn't meeting your needs, or that it is out of sync with the real world? 

If you feel school should be fun, I mean, really fun, a place where you work on meaningful problems or projects with your friends, a place where you can't wait to get to, and a place where you fit in because teachers sincerely care about you and what you want to learn, then trust those feelings. Instead of school telling you what to do, school should be following you and your interests. School should put you in charge of your learning.

What school doesn't want to confront is the idea that you have the best brain of all the animals on this planet, that your brain and the brain of all of us humans is the masterpiece of all brains. What school doesn't want to accept is that you are perfectly capable of choosing what and how you want to learn because that brain of yours is urging you in certain directions.  You have a calling, a purpose, a destiny built into your DNA that will lead you to figure out what you are meant to do in this world. It is high time that school helped you do that.

The book pictured above is available on Kindle Books, is cheap, and tells you all about you and what  school owes you. 
I will have more to say about this in future blogs.


3 comments:

Ol'Buzzard said...

Love the graphics on the book. and your blog is looking great
bill

microdot said...

I am a product of American Public and Private Education. I went to Catholic Schools as a child and I have to admit, it took years to over come the destructive mind numbing effects of being punished so to speak for being intelligent. I dropped out of school when I was 16...long story, but my education never stopped. Finally, I obtained a GED on my own, then I went to college....I never stopped believing in my own innate intelligence. My personal experience and struggle enabled me to believe that I could allow myself to realize my dreams. It helps to have realistic dreams, but I always was able to obtain what I imagined I could. It helped to go to college at a time when a poor street kid had access to Pell Grants...I started out my college education with a Pell Grant, then I was able to work for a Railroad in Ohio and pay for my College degree on my own. But it only proves that if you give someone an opportunity to succeed, they more than likely will. I have so many young friends who are crippled by the cost of education and a lifetime of debt. When will America realize that by investing in education opportunities for all, they will uplift the entire society. Education is not an elitist privilege. It is your right! It's not a case of free entitlements to a subclass, it's the way a nation insures it will be competitive and healthy in the future. When we uplift the least of us, we only enoble ourselves.

Beastwater said...

microdot:
I am glad to hear that you have made progress on following your innate intelligence. I couldn't agree more with your idea that education is a right. I go a little further saying that it should also be free. That is coming as I show in Learning in Crisis. If our country is to have a future, we have to get everyone educated in the manner I propose. I think my timing is right on this issue of school reform. Thanks for your great comment.